Like what you see and read here? Please "Follow by Email" so you don't miss any upcoming articles and share this with others. Thanks!



Here's a Joke that I can't share, but I will, and the reason why...

First the joke:

Great joke for when you’re asking for a raise:
Sam walks into his boss’s office and says:
“Sir, I’ll be straight with you, I know the economy isn’t great, but I have three companies after me, and I would like to respectfully ask for a raise.”
After a few minutes of haggling the boss finally agrees to a 5 percent raise, and Sam happily gets up to leave.
“By the way,” asks the boss as Sam is getting up, “which three companies are after you?”
“The electric company, water company, and phone company,” Sam replied.


OK, now the reason why I can laugh at this but really shouldn't and I shouldn't share it is because we get what we say. Also we "get" whatever comes out of our mouth; whether we say it, sing it, shout it or however these words come from our mouth, our subconscious hears it, the universe hears it and guess what. That is exactly what one gets. 

But I am sharing this today as a "lesson" for all of us. We always hear things around us such as jokes and I'm not talking about the obvious "off-colored" jokes but "general" jokes and "general" conversation. 

So after we've had a laugh with this joke, let's both say: "Cancel, cancel" and now let's look at what is "wrong" with this picture. 

The punch line is "I have three companies after me". The boss thinks the man has job offers but the truth (and get that, the "truth" was) that these were bill collectors. So this person was "dishonest" with his boss and when he says that the electric, water and phone company are after him, he is confessing this; and what you confess you get more of! 

"... the economy isn't great". Our ears hear that and believe it. I say "make your own economy". 

So I guess the moral of my little message here is that we need to be careful about what we laugh at. You may think that this is nitpicking but I will tell you that your subconscious is equally nitpicking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment