Like what you see and read here? Please "Follow by Email" so you don't miss any upcoming articles and share this with others. Thanks!



Get Your FREE “I Affirm” posters and lift your spirit…daily!

10 Rules June 20, 2011
I usually start most of my time with you with a “I decree, I affirm, and I declare” statement. Today it’s all about the “I affirm”.
I’m not sure how many times I’ve looked at this on my bathroom wall (no, not soap scum). These two 8.5 x 11 white pages that I typed a series of affirmations that were sorely needed because I with a business partner had put together a large business expo at a larger arena with all the media expenses like radio (no TV except for PR), billboards, and more. My concern was that it would be good for the vendors, and the public would show. To say the least this was a “stressor”. The end of the story is that we didn’t have as much paying public and didn’t quite cover our costs but it was a bounceboard to greater things.
As the date became closer, the words on these two sheets were a motivation and comfort that I was doing all I could do and helped calm me so I could do my best to make the event the best possible. It really did work for me and I’m sharing it with you today in this post. You can also get your printable version by going now to: www.terscott.com/affirm .
Enjoy!
Ter Scott

I Affirm…

1. I remember all the good God has done for me in the past. I visualize all the good God will do for me in the future.
2. I fill my mind with truth, and truth casts out error.
3. God never willed that I should be less than I can be.
4. I look at worry coolly and logically, and worry loses its power.
5. I respect God, I do what is right, and I walk unafraid.
6. As long as I live, I can always do something about my situation.
Adapted from “How to Handle Tough Times” by Norman Vincent Peale (c) Ter Scott 2010

I LIFT MY SPIRITS

“I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. “Psalm 121:1
1.    I monitor my moods
2.    I think of the sun
  1. I clear my mind

I HANDLE MY MISTAKES

“And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” John 8:32

1.    I learn from my mistakes
2.    I replace error with truth
3.    I eliminate the cause

I UN-LIMIT MYSELF

“Nothing shall be impossible (for me)” Matthew 17:20

1.    I believe in my potential
2.    I know that nothing is impossible
3.    I break the limitation barrier

I BANISH WORRY

“(I) cast (my) burden upon the Lord, and He sustains (me)” Psalm 55:52
1.    I replace worry
2.    I take (break) worry apart
  1. I rise above worry

I FEAR NO MORE

“I sought the Lord, He heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.” Psalm 34:4
1.    I  practice (positive) affirmation
2.    I stand up to fear (I face fear in the eye and fear no more)
3.    Fear motivates me!

I SOLVE MY PROBLEM (S)!

“In the world I will have tribulation: but I’m of good cheer because I, through God, have overcome the world” John 16:33
1.    I think deep thoughts
2.    I clear my mind
3.    I use creative silence

Adapted from “How to Handle Tough Times” by Norman Vincent Peale (c) Ter Scott 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment