Stop to Review Where We've Been...
Tuesday, January 4th, 2011
Before I speak about Rule number 7, this week we’ll take a break and review just a bit. First, I will ask you if you have gone over your goals for these next 12 months as I have asked you in our last visit. Have you?
Last Sunday I spent most of the day mapping out the next year and found the time very productive. I now have an idea what the near future holds and what I must do to make it happen! If you have not done so already, I encourage you to go to http://www.terscott.com/goalworksheet , print out the worksheet and then spend some quiet time filling in the sections. I spent a great deal of time to create this for you so I truly hope you’ll be blessed by it.
Don’t feel pressured to fill in everything; this is a work in progress. Simply complete all that you can for now and return as many times as you need to complete it. Review and revise it at least daily for a while, then weekly. Then as the months progress, continue to review your entries and add to them. The worksheet will always be available to you on the web so you can print more and make revisions over time. After these 12 months end, review, revise, and repeat. The worksheet starts with the month of January but you may start with any month.
Now let’s continue this session’s quest for attainment.
We are over the half way point of the 10 rules. The end of the 10 Secret Rules of Attainment is in sight. Are you now seeing positive progress toward your goals, dreams, and wishes? Have you attained some small and large dreams, goals, and wishes from your list? Have you recorded any special “miracles”, affirmations, blessings, and any successes in a journal so you can be inspired on days when it appears by outside circumstances that your dreams, goals, and wishes may not materialize? It’s wise to record any past successes as these will confirm that you can indeed succeed and will propel you to even greater success. We’ll discuss this more when we get to Rule number seven.
These 10 Secret Rules for Attainment are only the start to attaining all you want in life. I will continue to counsel my reader even after I cover these 10 with my other materials, the teaching and the learning never really ends. When finished, I will start again with rule number 1 and go into more depth adding more insight as we continue this journey together.
Let’s review the eight areas of wants and needs of people, then the first 6 rules before we continue to rule number seven.
The eight areas you’ll recall are: good health, the enjoyment of food, a restful night’s sleep, money, life and a legacy, sexual gratification, the well being of those you love, and a feeling of importance and respect. All of these weave together to make you a whole person, but typically one or more are out of balance and need and are desired to be improved upon. These are those with desires that you wish to attain, and the 10 Secret Rules of Attainment allow you to do just that!
The first six rules we’ve covered so far:
1. Get quiet and meditate. Know that all of the 8 desires are yours.
2. Make a mental picture of what you wish to attain.
3. Build your mental picture of what you want; not what others want for you.
4. Keep your mental picture and success plans to yourself. Be careful if and when you do share your mental picture with and who you share it.
5. Act; take the steps necessary toward making this desire, dream, and wish a reality! Rule number five may just be the most important rule of all of the 10 but remember they are all important. Suppose your goal or wish was to contact me and my phone number was: 123-456-7890. You dial all 10 digits shown but you do them in a different order. Certainly, you would not get me on the other end. You may get nothing at all or you may get someone else. In the same way, if you do not follow all 10 of these rules, you most likely will not get your chosen goal or result, get nothing, or a totally different result! So let’s do all of the steps.
6. Do not try to force or hurry your mental picture into fulfillment. Accept that great things may require great time.
By looking back we can look ahead. We needed this review today before going on. Now you are refreshed and ready to proceed to Secret Rule for Attainment #7.
Until next time,
Best of Success! Ter Scott!