Like what you see and read here? Please "Follow by Email" so you don't miss any upcoming articles and share this with others. Thanks!



What are your life's desires and how do they compare with other people's?

Your first introduction to the Major 8

This is how I start my live (Major 8™) seminars and workshops; or at least it is some variation as to what I do depending on the variables at the time. I encourage you to go through this material with me as if you are an active participant attending my live event.

I usually have people from the audience call out these things but for you here, to get the most from this exercise I want you to either number a sheet of paper from 1 to 10 (or simply fill in the blanks which follow). Take some time to list 10 of your life’s desires. Think about you and what you want.

1.      ________________________________


2.      ________________________________


3.      ________________________________


4.      ________________________________


5.      ________________________________


6.      ________________________________


7.      ________________________________


8.      ________________________________


9.      ________________________________


10.  ________________________________


For some of you, you weren’t able to come up with 10 things. This may be because you think more of others than yourself. I understand that. But please understand this. When you are thinking of yourself (in the “right” way) you cannot do so without thinking of others. So now to help you complete the list (if you haven’t yet done so) think of areas or situations which you would like to have “improved” or “increased” in your life. Please complete your list all the way to 10 (even if you have to “fudge” or “repeat” something or put something really “crazy” on your list; just be sure to do all 10; it’s important! Then come back here and continue reading).

Great; you are done with your list; at least for now.

I see that many of my readers (and attendees at my seminars) have written “money” on the list and usually it is placed as “#1” or at least close to the top. I also see “time” listed; I will address that later. Some would like to look better, feel better and have better relationships; these are all good desires!

I have my own list which I will share soon but I’d like first to share a couple of similar lists that are “out there” and used to explain and help people achieve their desires.

Napoleon Hill had his list of 12:

1. A Positive Mental Attitude (PMA)
2. Sound physical health
3. Harmony in human relationships
4. Freedom from fear
5. The hope of achievement
6. The capacity for faith
7. A willingness to share one's blessings
8. A labour of love
9. An open mind on all subjects
10. Self-discipline
11. The capacity to understand people
12. Economic security (money)

How does your list compare with Hill’s? Granted, Hill probably gave a lot of thought and edited his list before publishing it, but note where he placed “money”. (And note where he placed “being positive”). It would be “awesome” for you to conduct a self-study using Hill’s 12 on your own. For our purposes here, let’s move on.

My list is called the Major 8™. Over time I worked with them, lived with them and improved my life and the lives of others by sharing them. However, I “forgot” where I came up with them originally. So I did some searching online. In my search I found:

Michael Vance has his list of 8:

"The 8 Equities: Physical, Spiritual, Psychological, Intellectual, Emotional, Financial, Social and Family"

I had never heard of Michael but looking at his website I find his materials quite interesting and helpful. His list of equities seems to be a list which he may have started, or it may have come before him, but he certainly has done much to promote it as it seems to be quite popular in the self-improvement fields. The Major 8 covers this and more.

Dale Carnegie has his list of 8:

A book that changed my life (literally) while I was still in high school was the book, How to Win Friends and Influence People. My only wish is that I would have read it more often and reviewed it at least one time a month as the author suggests*. My search of trying to find out where I came up with this list of 8 eluded me until one day I revisited How to Win Friends.

And there it was; on page one of chapter two, The Big Secret of Dealing with People.

What do you want? Not many things, but the few that you do wish, you crave with an insistence that will not be denied. Some of the things most people want include:

1.      Health and the preservation of life.
2.      Food.
3.      Sleep.
4.      Money and the things money will buy.
5.      Life in the hereafter.
6.      Sexual Gratification.
7.      The well-being of our children.
8.      A feeling of importance.

Carnegie goes on to tell us which of the above is the most sought after desire on the list. Do you think it is “money”, “sex” or “sleep”? The answer may astonish you. You can find out for yourself as you can download “How to Win Friends” free here on my site.

Note that Carnegie places “money” as item number 4 in the list. I’m thinking that his list was in any particular order (as you’ll see when you see what number what he thinks the most important desire is).

Many readers of Carnegie’s book would gloss over this list and move to the next page. I was intrigued so much by it that I developed it into something I could use and benefit and then share with others so they too could benefit and share! This list is so powerful when you take each desire and work with it and understand it and then base your life on it.

I took this list and altered it slightly. Here is my list and what I have come to call, The Major 8™.

1.      Good Health
2.      Enjoyment of Food
3.      Restful Sleep
4.      Money
5.      Life and Legacy
6.      Sexual Gratification
7.      Well-being of Your Children and Those you Love
8.      A feeling of Importance and Respect

So you can see that my “list” differs slightly and in this material I will tell you why and will go into great depth on each and share with you how when you understand and use my exercises in each area that you will gain a truly abundant life!

*You should not only consider reading this great self-help classic, but study it and do the action points it offers. Forget that it was written and published in 1936 and speaks of the events of and prior to that time. The principles remain the same and when you follow its precepts, you will become wealthy beyond your imagination.

Please leave your comments below and be sure to visit again and I continue to present more about the Major 8™ and how you can use it to impact your life in a wonderful and abundant way!

Ter Scott!

No comments:

Post a Comment